Friday, April 29, 2011

The Fantastic Mr. Fox

I never really cared for Raold Dahl's work and this is no exception.  It's the story of a fox, his family and their fox-like ways of stealing food from farmers.




I read this book to my 5 year old, he paid respectful attention, and liked a few parts, but didn't love it.  It's a long book, probably better suited for a 7 year old, and shouldn't be read in one setting. 

The movie is a stop-motion affair that respects and follows the book, but also embellishes and expands on the story.  The son has a name, they go into why Mr. Fox feels the need to steal, and there is quite a bit more rivalry going on.  My son watched for about 20 minutes, then lost interest, preferring to go play.  The wit was very good, but dry and some things most children wouldn't "get".




I found the book and the movie to be tedious, slow and drawn out at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment